1.22.2018

A T I - A T I H A N 2 0 1 8




The Ati-Atihan Festival is a feast held annually in January in honor of the Santo Niño, concluding on the third Sunday, in the town of Kalibo, Aklan in the island of Panay, Philippines. Wikipedia
We all know Boracay as one of the best beaches in the Philippines located in Caticlan, Aklan. But, there is a lot more in this province than just the hub for summer vacation. Ati-atihan is one of the most exciting festivals in the Philippines. Any local or foreign people who has experienced Ati-atihan could testify how lively this once in a year celebration for Viva Señor  Santo Niño.

I want to share and bring you the colors and joy of a few portraits and photographs I have taken during my Ati-atihan expedition.


                                      A local boy from Kalibo with brown eyes, nearly looking like a California boy. Who would want to miss taking a shot with his beautiful eyes when you have a camera ready in your hands?

And the boy's fellow local friend's pose is almost iconic. Glad that I have taken a shot of that quick seconds.



I almost wanted to pull his unique head piece/mask/costume off and wear it on me.


What bright eyes you have, little one.
One of my most favorite shots. What a lovely little creature named Chase, could not resist not to come and make friends with a future matinee idol.

Anyone with a fear of spiders, go ahead and touch his head so you could overcome. 












This girl is undeniably beautiful. Despite her being in this situation and begging for a few coins or what-not in the streets of Kalibo in the midst of a festival, I wish her a bright future.

Even though I only got the frown shot, I doff my hat off you all, "Pulis" officers for maintaining the peace in this wondrous feast.




Too early to sleep, but I like that this could be an iconic pose too.


She could pass as a modern famous sexy star with that alluring look.






What a lucky photographer I am to have this photo taken of a boy with a big smile.



I'm sure this little guy isn't frowning because he's not having fun. Ati-atihan is for everyone.

Do we have a curious face here, Lola?










Taking a little peek.

D O N Y A Geraldin M. Cuenca


The next time you hear about Ati-atihan, don't hesitate to visit and join the festival.
Definitely gonna be there you again next year!
See you!

No comments:

"A fashionable woman wears the clothes; a fashion victim lets the clothes wear her!" -Heidi Klum